In this hard-hitting series of books, you'll find answers to the difficult questions you face when challenges arise. Each book presents four sections to help you process the issue and get help for your teens. You'll be given insight to understand the issue, you'll explore how theology intersects with the issue, you'll get practical tips and actions you can take to help teens and their families, and you'll find additional resources to take the help further.
In this book, Dr. Steven Gerali will help you:
- Understand sexual orientations, including the culture of gay teenagers
- Grasp the struggles of gay teens, including coming out, bullying and harassment, and at-risk behaviors and consequences
- Explore how theology informs how we respond to teenagers who struggle with their sexuality
- Delve into questions that demand theological consideration, like "Why doesn't God take this away?" and "Will I go to hell because I'm gay?"
- Get tips for creating a safe environment and loving community for all teens
- Find ways to help parents who are struggling with a teen questioning his or her sexuality
- Minister to a student diagnosed with HIV/AIDS
Dr. Steven Gerali is a speaker, professor, and counselor who is recognized around the world as an expert in the field of adolescence and youth ministry. He's the author of Teenage Guys and two books for students. Before becoming a professor of youth ministry Steve served for more than 25 years as pastor of student ministries in churches in Arizona and Illinois. The father of two grown daughters, Steve currently lives in southern California with his wife, Jan.