Redefining the Win for Jr. High Small Groups is a fun, quick read that changes how "success" is determined for jr. high small group ministry and renews passion for sharing life with jr. high students.
Each chapter includes special sections that focus on specific types of ministries/leaders:
- So You Get Paid—tips that apply to the paid worker
- So You're a Volunteer—tips that apply to the volunteer leader
- So You're in a Small Church—suggestions specific to smaller churches
- Jr. High Students Rock—stories of small group experiences from jr. high ministry veterans
- Do This Now—action steps at the end of each chapter
Johnny Scott has been with Christ in Youth (CIY) for six years as program director of their national, jr. high-intentional touring event, Believe. He has been working with jr. high students in the local church for more than ten years as a full time youth pastor or volunteer. Johnny's ministry is characterized by his passion for jr. high ministry in the local church and amplifying God's call for kingdom workers. He is a nationally recognized jr. high ministry leader, annually connecting with more than 2,000 youth ministers and sponsors through Believe, Christian Teen Conventions, and Youth Specialties.