start to move mountains in your life, ministry and family
On the bottom of every email send, I have written my life verse. Tonight, as I was typing my weekly email to my volunteer leaders, I just had to ask them: When was the last time you read the verse attached to my signature at the bottom? Then I asked them to go ahead, read it word for word. Below is what my valediction reads. Would you read it too? Skip to the verse. Really. Do it now. I'll wait...
Minister Life Hurts God Heals for Teens
At Saddleback Church: www.saddlebackfamily.com/lifehurts
Global Locations and Frequently Asked Questions: www.lifehurtsgodheals.com
Now to Him who is able to do exceeding abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, Ephes. 3:20 (NASB)
Do you believe it? I mean, do you really believe it? I do. And with all my heart. I've been thinking...
- with 12 men, the Good News spread about Jesus Christ!
- with one faith-filled woman, the entire Jewish nation was saved. - Thank you Esther!
- a sprouting 12-year old shepherd boy would believe he would unquestionably defeat a giant because the Almighty One was him. - Go David!
- a courageous prophet and judge would help bring victory over the powerful Siseran army unapologetically claiming 'it is God who has marched before us [in this battle]." - Deborah, you're a stud!
- a former murderer - turned Jesus lover - would travel feverishly to start "church" as we know it today. - Paul, you're amazing!
The list goes on and one. And you know what? I want my name on that list. For without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him. (Heb 11:6 NASB) These men and woman were just like you and me. They were simple, complicated, gifted, broken, messy, talented, imbalanced and compassionate men and woman like you and me. BUT, they believed in the One who could do exceedingly, abundantly, beyond ALL that they would ask or think, according to the Power that resided within them.
Last I checked, God was in the business of moving mountains - in your life and mine. So, here are three questions for you to consider:
- What stops you from really believing and claiming his power in your life, ministry, and family?
- When is the last time you directly and authoritatively told the enemy to get lost?
- Since there are no limits to what God can do, what small or big step would you prayerfully take next?
All I know is that six years ago God called me to help hurting teenagers at my home church and now around the globe. Is it a mountain far bigger than I can handle? You'd better believe it. Do I feel overwhelmed at times? Ahhh...yes! But do I passionately believe anything is possible in my life, ministry and family, when I believe? Without question - YES.
So, I leave you with Dr Seuss who so eloquently wrote in his best seller, Oh the Places You'll Go
So ...be your name Buxbaum or Bixy or Bray or Mordecai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting
So ...get on your way!
We climb together,